воскресенье, 10 февраля 2019 г.

The Power Struggle at the Occidental Child Development Essay -- Ethnog

The Power Struggle at the Occidental Child cultureI have conducted ethnographic research at the Occidental Child Development Center where I have spent many hours participating and find with the fryren of the center. I am not an outsider to this center, because I have been operative with this particular bunch of children for a year, so I am salutary accepted when I asked to join in the games with the children. The center has a gibe 45 preschool students aging from 2-5 years old and seven staff members and pentad student workers. Throughout my research the director, teachers, and my fellow student workers accompanied me at each times, however I have not included all 45 children and all eight staff members. I have narrow my research and included observations where children practice more power over new(prenominal) children, an example of personal agency, and an example of the family oriented atmosphere.To protect the anonymity of the children I have observed I have labeled t he children according to their schoolroom and sex. In the following ethnography I refer to the Hungry Caterpillars, the supple Bees, and the Terrific Tigers. The school is broken down into three schoolrooms according to the childs age and skills. The two year-olds argon the Hungry Caterpillars (HC), the three year-olds are the Busy Bees (BB), and the four year-olds are the Terrific Tigers (TT). The children are aware of their classroom names and often refer to them when addressing others or themselves. I must forge a note that some of the children are held back because they lack genuine skills they need before they can move onto the next classroom so I have also included the age of the children to clarify forthe reader. nonpareil might think that this affe... ...ing to the Western notion that marks children as butterfingered adults. I believe it would be valuable for ethnographers to use feminist methodologies to assist redefine this Western notion of childhood, and give the children a chance to converse for themselves.References Chin, Elizabeth. womens rightist Theory and the Ethnography of Childrens Worlds Barbie in New Haven, Connecticut. Gailey, Christine Ward. Feminist Methods Ch. 6 in Bernard, H. Russell Ed. Handbook of Methods In Cultural Anthropology. London A Division of Sage Pub, Inc. Leavitt, Robin. Power and Emotion in Toddler-Infant Day Care. capital of New York State University of New York Press. 1994.Rosaldo, Michelle Zimbalist, Woman, Culture, and Society A Theoretical Overview, in Lamphere, Louise & Rosaldo, Michelle Zimbalist, Ed. Woman, Culture, and Society. Stanford CA Stanford University Press. 1974.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий